Looking to get started playing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking to get started playing.

Post  Iron Duke on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Randy,
Can I have the Menoth box set in exchange for the Battlemech I sold to you? Any you can order me a Reckoner and Vanquisher warjacks.
Ed
Iron Duke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not a problem

Post  Broadsword Commissar on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Not an issue. Come by and get it.

Lates,
Randy
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking to get started playing.

Post  Feverdream on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

If you're getting into Menoth, I'd recommend the Castigator over the Reckoner, despite my absolute love of the Reckoner model.

If you have Reznik, then a Reckoner would be nice, but if you're talking any other caster, and you're just starting out, the Castigator is the way to go.

However, if you want really annoying Menoth jacks... for the price of that Reckoner, you can buy two Devout light Warjacks, which give people fits sometimes. They're a bodyguard jack, but they have a nasty 'gotcha' ability for those getting near one of them.

Crusaders are good 'jacks to start with, if you want heavies. The Avatar is downright nasty, but will hog most of your points in smaller games. The Vanquisher is kind of hit or miss. I'd have to say that Menoth's light jacks are nastier than their heavies. They seem to work well with all casters (though the Dervish is still up for debate). And the new "Blessing" light 'jack? Sick, sick, sick.
Feverdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tealzooka on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:58 pm

If or when you got the money "AVATAR." That jack to me looks great and has good rules.
Tealzooka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the info

Post  Iron Duke on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Picked up the starter box set today and picked up the Avatar. Looking forward to getting them all painted up and getting down to business cleansing the unclean.
Iron Duke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron Duke on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Randy,

Whats a good day to come by for a Demo of Warmachine? I've been painting up my figs and add a squad of 10 Deliverers, 2 Vanquishers and a Redeemer. Do you think I should add another Warcaster; like Feora or and even scarier choice in the Harbinger of Menoth. Twisted Evil
Iron Duke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Well, I'm usually the big Warmachine/Hordes pusher, so I can give a demo on Friday and Saturday, when I drive up. I'm usually there from store opening to store close, because I have absolutely no life. Smile
Feverdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron Duke on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:31 am

Picked up Warmachine Prime at Chamblin Book Mine for $10.00. I will be reading it tonight to get a feel for the rule system. Laughing

Ed
Iron Duke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:12 am

Just thought I would let you know that Prime was reprinted in color with updated rules and is called Prime Remix. But about all the basics are in the original one and the main thing was putting in the updates for certain models that never really saw play. All those models have updated color cards in the Mark 2 faction decks.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top