Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping out Randy and Billy!!!

+4
skyzanon
DoktorM
Mouth
Iron Duke
8 posters

Go down

Helping out Randy and Billy!!! Empty Helping out Randy and Billy!!!

Post  Iron Duke Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:14 pm

To all who care,

I've been living in Jacksonville for the last 14 years and I've seen Game Stores come and go; namely Xeno's, Sanctuary and The Dragons Tail.
So when Mike DuBose opened up Broadsword on the Westside/Orange Park area I saw it as a chance for all the gamer's on the westside of town to have a place to meet and run games without having to drive all the way to one of the many encarnations of (WarDogs) or Boarderland nothing againist Chip.
So with that said I think we all should be taking better care of the store in general; ie pick up after yourself. I don't kow about the rest of you guys but I left my mom at home in Chicago 21 years ago. Randy, Billy and Becka shouldn't have to be throwing out your trash (left over food packaging) after you've played a game!
We're all adults last time I check so clean up after yourself! So when your finished playing put your terrain away and return any borrowed game figures, dice, counters, templates and books to their rightful place or owner. Nothing does more to scare off new business, players ;ie parents of younger players trying to get involved in a positive way than walking into a disorganised Game Store. Our store should be a showcase of our hobbies. So with all that said; lets all pitch in and do our part in helping Randy and Billy make Broadsword a place we can all enjoy coming to play and hangout. cheers

Ed Duda

Last edited by Iron Duke on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Iron Duke
Iron Duke

Back to top Go down

Helping out Randy and Billy!!! Empty Re: Helping out Randy and Billy!!!

Post  Mouth Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Yup. That's why I do.

Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm

I second Ed's motion! Mitch
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 am

Good point, help clean up the place even if its not your stuff if you can. I have been there and helped clean up things that were not my mess, because I wanted to give them some extra help and respect that they deserve.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashofpepper Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:35 am

This one timem I had a piece of pie, and after I ate the piece of pie, I was going to throw away the plate. But then I had to roll a bunch of saves, and I put the pie-plate on the table next to mine. And then afterwards I wasn't sure where my pie-plate went.

I think its my fault that the store is dirty.

Well, also there's the fact that Randy is a dirty sailor.

But you can blame me.

Dashofpepper

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:57 am

Randy Is not a dirty sailor! i Got to see his pretty sailor suit. and he keeps leaving his sashay in the store i think out of shame.
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightwolf79 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 pm

lol brett you love flirting with death after what you did to his pride and joy battlemech..... i do not want to be in ur shoes for anything
Nightwolf79
Nightwolf79

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 am

Nightwolf79 wrote:lol brett you love flirting with death after what you did to his pride and joy battlemech..... i do not want to be in ur shoes for anything
O_O pirate Brett did it chris.... Pirate Brett..... Who puts a shiney mek in front of a full squad of Heavy mechs and doesnt expect it to get dakka?
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightwolf79 Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:58 pm

lol.... not going to go there.. thats all u and mouth heheee
Nightwolf79
Nightwolf79

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron Duke Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:59 pm

All,

Glad to see that you are all taking my posting about keeping the store we all use clean and presentable to everyday clientele to heart.

I would hate to come back from Kuwait and find out that Broadsword went the way of Xeno's ie bankrupt and out of business due to loss of new gamers.
Iron Duke
Iron Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Unfortunately, you've not been taken seriously. Once again, Billy was left with a disaster area for when he arrived today. Evil or Very Mad
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  mdigibou Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 am

I bitch about this kind of thing all the time, to just about everyone. And of course everyone denies it up and down... but its clear who some of the major people to blame are.

telling people really only gets you so far, and after that point we are where we are now. Everyone knows what to do, its just that they dont do. Heres what we can do from now on, for the most part if someone leaves their stuff out, you might as well put it in the case to sell. lol

mdigibou

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am

Great idea - Broadsword's Gaming Supply House - Everyday a Fire Sale! (Just don't how to deal the heap of refuse that often lies in the back. Sounds like a job for Mike Rowe -Dirty Jobs. Razz Yeah, I've heard the same lame denials of responsibility or, my personal favorite, "Yesterday I picked up that soda can Mitch left on the table, so its not me." Even though this same person scatters their personal stuff across a table and leaves it there for days, weeks, or even months.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down