Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March NON-League gaming challenge

4 posters

Go down

March NON-League gaming challenge Empty March NON-League gaming challenge

Post  Feverdream Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:26 am

I've got a lot of work to do with the university this month, and the next, so my time will be even more limited in traveling than normal. As such, I will be up this weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, wanting to get some games in (aside from the tournament). Anyone wanting to test out some of the nasty stuff from Hordes? We'll definitely have to proxy like hell, but hey, we get a nice glimpse of what's to come.

Or just to do big battles, like 750 to 1,000 points? I'm eager to conquer the Western Reaches of Immoren!
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

March NON-League gaming challenge Empty Re: March NON-League gaming challenge

Post  DoktorM Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:54 am

I'll see what I can do to help with a game. I will be more free mid and late month due to spring breaks. I've finally got the brick working.

Brick front to back - scattergunners, foggers, champs + fellcaller, dire blitz + dire mauler, grissel, and KSB. And advanced deployed alten ashley and dygmies.

It was slow moving, but once it hit the Cygnar front line it all but ripped apart a Stryker battlegroup (+ a hunter, long gunners, trenchers, aiyanna and holt, and journeyman caster).. Although I must admit a bit of luck as my friend's hunter and journeyman were bogged down by my dygmies for 4 of 5 turns.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:28 am

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? And Patrick would've won the tournament down here in Gainesville had there not been a sudden time called on him. He came in second, I believe, with an utterly brutal Hoarluck Doomshaper "Elemental Trolls" list.

I won't be playing in the league this month, as I think it'd be unfair, and mostly I just wanna throw down with some big hitters. Smile
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Like I said, I will see what I can do to get a game in. I have asked Randy to order me MetaM, and I wouldn't mind comping some models for some of the new units and solos. There is talk of some sorcerers for Trolls? Greylords for the blue boys! The more buffs the better!

As for stepping out of the March challenge, Cryx, Skorne and fairness - its a paradox that may make my head explode! Razz
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:37 pm

I would not mind throwing down some games with trying out the stuff as well and Roy I came in third due to tie breaker points. But the one owner who I was waiting to play with his Menite army was crushed, I felt a bit bad for him. As I told him though, he had a very solid list against everything else minus the Cryx player. That was way to many chickens to deal with, not to mention they are only worth 1 VP each.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Crixsus Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am

DoktorM wrote:I'll see what I can do to help with a game. I will be more free mid and late month due to spring breaks. I've finally got the brick working.

Brick front to back - scattergunners, foggers, champs + fellcaller, dire blitz + dire mauler, grissel, and KSB. And advanced deployed alten ashley and dygmies.

It was slow moving, but once it hit the Cygnar front line it all but ripped apart a Stryker battlegroup (+ a hunter, long gunners, trenchers, aiyanna and holt, and journeyman caster).. Although I must admit a bit of luck as my friend's hunter and journeyman were bogged down by my dygmies for 4 of 5 turns.

Along with your monster hunter's head shot on on holt from range at the beginning of turn 1 :-) I think Aiyanna is still cleaning him off her coat.
Crixsus
Crixsus

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Along with your monster hunter's head shot on on holt from range at the beginning of turn 1 :-) I think Aiyanna is still cleaning him off her coat.

That wasn't luck! cheers That is Alten and Bucking Jenny. (Although, it didn't hurt to have the opening turn and Holt deployed in a wide open field.)
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 pm

All I can say is: Bring on Aiyanna and Holt! I have an Extoller who says, "I seeeeeee you! And this Cannoneer sees you, too!"

Heh, anyway, is it just me, or with all the beautiful new stuff from Meta and Legends, that 750 games are going to be the "standard" soon? Might be why I'm so eager to play 750 games so much, because I want to get all the cool stuff in!
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:55 pm

I think you are right. 750 will become much more ubiquitous. I have the will, but with other duties as a family man I don't know that I have the time to regularly drop 750. Crying or Very sad
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Just thought that I would throw this out there, but Holt wont work for anyone in Hordes. But Alton on the other hand will work for both games for certain factions, that crazy drunken monster hunter king
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Correct - Correct. The original Aiyanna/Holt reference was as part of a Cygnar army that I was taking on with my Trolls and I killed Holt with my Alten Ashley at the top of turn 1.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 pm

lol now that is nice to take him out like that.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Today on Rifle vs. Pistols...
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 am

And he left his poor mistress weeping and making what looks like rabbit ears, and watching the battle like a nineteenth century society lady in dress and petticoat. That bastard Alten took her Rhett! (Of course due to being in base contact at the time of Holt's demise, her pretty dress will have to be laundered for bloodsplatter.) So, goes the Days of Rifles versus Pistols.

Last edited by DoktorM on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And for this, I have to use the emoticon: Twisted Evil

Been looking over the rules in Meta some more. Yeah, to get the most out of every combo for any faction in Hordes, 750 is the way to go. 500, and you can't squeeze in the "uber" builds. Curse this tournament for only being 500!
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 am

Whew! Dodged a bullet for those of us who have not yet gotten the opportunity to Epic our troops! Next month I am sure won't be so lucky. So, I take this as a shot across the bow. Metamorphize your horde or be left left whimpering as the uber hordes take your lunch money.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh, no need to go to epic. Xerxis and Zaal do nicely at 750, even against epics.

Of course, Xerxis likes Rhindons, so I really, really hope Randy or Billy has ordered me one so that I can have it for the tournament...

<wink> Wink <wink> Wink
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Oh, but to have a day when I can bring Callandra for rerolls to two units of champs, and a fell caller! I wish there was a salivate emoticon.
(Although not yet having received MetaM, it may be she can only grant rerolls to one unit per activation. I just know she can grant rerolls. And I hope her model is as sexy as grissel chiken' affraid ) I just checked Battle College, any unit can spend her fury for rerolls. So, wheeee! Champs with rerolls!
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:06 pm

The best way to describe her is as Aunt Jamima who now thinks she is a scotish gypse. At the end of each faction section they show a pic of each of the new casters and the character beasts as well.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm

skyzanon wrote:The best way to describe her is as Aunt Jamima who now thinks she is a scotish gypse.

I just knew she'd be sexy! pirat
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down