Next WM tourney, Orlando willing to come up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Next WM tourney, Orlando willing to come up!

Post  veal759 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi Gents

I have a crowd of about 6-8 dudes willing to come up to your next SR4 tourney. Let me know when it will be! 3/28s a little short notice, but let me know

-Chris

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next WM tourney, Orlando willing to come up!

Post  Feverdream on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't think we've had a Steamroller tourney yet. Might be interesting. Guess I wouldn't play my Skorne! I'd never stand a chance. Smile
Feverdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Wicked Very Happy Maybe an April Tourney?
DoktorM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Sweet, you guys let me know.

What kind of turnout do you usually get?

And I'm for sure bringing my Skorne.

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Like Feverdream said, we haven't yet done a SR4 event. I think it would be fun, other than the fact that I am slow as hell and I am sure to get creamed with 12min turns. Otherwise, I say we should consider it. Would you guys be interested in a tourney, if it wasn't an SR4 event?

I believe we typically have between 6 and 8 for most tourneys (our only drawback can be space).
DoktorM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 pm

DoktorM wrote:Like Feverdream said, we haven't yet done a SR4 event. I think it would be fun, other than the fact that I am slow as hell and I am sure to get creamed with 12min turns. Otherwise, I say we should consider it. Would you guys be interested in a tourney, if it wasn't an SR4 event?

I believe we typically have between 6 and 8 for most tourneys (our only drawback can be space).

Yeah, we're down for a non-SR4 as long as its fairly orthodox. We typically go for 750 (more figs = more better!).

My own personal experience with WM tourneys has been that the wackier the tourney ,the worse I feel about the event afterwards. Legacies was a big example of this. Besides the time limit, is there anything else thats turning you guys off of SR4?

Do you guys have an event schedule? I'd like to be able to give our guys some time to plan accordingly (Mid/LateApril - May?)

Thanks
-Chris

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Here are the listed formats posted in this store's forum, but I think we've only run the first two to make it most open to players of all levels. Nothing wacky.

Tournament Formats
Rage and Rivets: 1 list, 350 points caster/lock and beasts/jacks only, victory by caster kill or taking out all jacks/beasts, time 45 minutes.
Standard: 2 lists you can change them between rounds each 500 caster/lock kill or objective win when they are added, time 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Epic: 2 lists you can change them between rounds each 750 caster/lock kill or objective win when they are added in, time 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Invent or die/Evolve or die (aka Escalation Battles): starts with a 350 R&R list, second round add 150 points to you current list and third round add 250 to that and if your caster/lock has an epic you can upgrade to that one if you choose. Time for each round will increase, starting at 45 minutes and then adding 30 minutes to each around there after, with the last round being 1 hour and 45 minutes.

However, any number of folks itch for Epic level. The turn length is not a turn-off per se. I just mentioned it, because I am slow like the bloods I field. Razz It would be a challenge - not necessarily a detraction from playing (unless I get utterly embarrassed Embarassed) .

Last edited by DoktorM on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoktorM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 pm

By the way, the person that has been taking the lead on organizing our tourneys thus far has not yet jumped in on this thread. I am sure he will want to be a part the discussion. His handle is Skyzanon.
DoktorM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:02 am

Great. Look forward to hearing from said figure head.

Personally, I like your epic 750pts 2 list deal. Thats pretty much SR4. If we manage to pull this off into one big tourney, ya'll are welcome to attend our next big Orlando ho down.

-Chris

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:12 am

Yep, I am pretty much the one that is incharge of tournaments at the shop. I haven't gone off to look at all the SR4 rules yet, but I leave it up to everyone else on the forums to pick the point vaule of the tournaments. As for terrain, each table gets 4-6 peices rolled for at random and I let the players throw down most of it and I let everyone know what each piece is at the start of the tournament. Even though I play in the tournaments, I never take a side on the point vaule to give everyone a chance to figure what they would like to play. I have 2 WM and 2 H armies and I can field over 1k points with all of them. As a regualar at the store I have the most knowledge of the game and rules except for Feverdream. But he is only in town every other week at most and it is always fun to talk with him and double check on rules and also disscus what might happen in the sore of the games next. A friend of mine who normally can't make it to the tournaments due to his work looked at me the other night and asked how in the hell did was I able to memorize the stats for almost ever piece in his army. I told him flat out, I have no idea how I did it and also told him he needs to play more and learn how to use his pieces better. We ended up playing a 1k game and he was not in a grand mood about being beatin in that badly. So I told him that all he needed to do was learn how to use his army and to not give up so quickly on the game. I am hoping that he might be able to come up and play next month and if he can I am going to show him how to use his boys in blue better if that is what he wants to play.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:14 am

Oh and about not posting till now, I had a long day took a nap and just saw this post. I have a very random sleep schedule and was up till 10:30am the day before.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am

The random terrain thing sounds good to me. When is April tournament? Late April would be better for us.

-Chris

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am

It will be on the 25th of April and when next month roles around I will put up a post so you can throw out votes for point vaule and format. If you look at the tournament post that I put up you can see the 4 different formats that I will be using.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

4/25 Wm tourney

Post  veal759 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:02 pm

4/25 sounds good. Ill go rally the troops and see what sort of head count we get.

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Hmm..

Looks like 4/25 is bad for at least 4 of the most dependable regulars (W40k tourney). You guys have nay later dates?

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mdigibou on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 am

Well, gimme a date and I'm down, I could use some pwnage of Psquared again Wink just joshin ya.

mdigibou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 am

Nice one Frodo, but I have gotten more focused when running the tournaments and playing in them at the same time. So I wont forget to feat like I did last time tongue . As for a later date, we could move it to 5/2 if need be. We did that for the one that should have been on 2/28 and had it on 3/7, since the first week of each month is open game day it wont be a big deal. But I don't know what some of our other players are doing, so we'll have to see if there wouldn't be a problem in moving it. Now that I think about it, we might need to move it back, since at the end of April the shop is going to be moved two doors down into a bigger unit in the same strip mall. So I'll see what all is going on and get back to everyone on if it will be 4/25 or 5/2.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 am

Cool, Ill see if the mob up here can handle 5/2. Thanks

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:13 pm

After talking with Billy and Randy the store owners, it seems that the move could be at the end of April or near the begining of May. So the next tournament date is all up to when I have a better idea of when the move will be. Either way it will be on either 4/25 or 5/2, hopefully I will be able to get this all worked out this weekend end and let everyone know which date it will be.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  veal759 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 pm

So what date did you guys settle on , 4/25 or 5/2?

veal759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 am

Hey just want to let you know that you're not being ignored. Wink I think the next tourney is still up in the air. We have this non-tourney mega game this Sunday, but everything else seems to be up in the air as a number of regular players have been busy with such things as final exams (taking and giving). And our fearless leader, skyzanon, had been out of town until a few days ago.
DoktorM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:42 am

Its on 5/2.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am

IFY the voting for the tournament size on 5/2 will end tonight, so go and vote on that thread. So far it looks like 750, but some people may or may not be coming so vote away and the size will be posted.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

Ahh hell. 750 if I can make it. I know I'll be up there Friday. Saturday, though? Hrm...
Feverdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon on Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 am

The players have voted and they have been counted. 750 it is.
skyzanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top