Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sad day for us here at Broadsword

+3
Callandor
DoktorM
Broadsword Commissar
7 posters

Go down

A sad day for us here at Broadsword Empty A sad day for us here at Broadsword

Post  Broadsword Commissar Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 am

Well folks, I hate to announce this, but Broadsword will be closing this Monday. I have to get back to work providing for my family and Bekah can't do it everyday with her other responsibilities.

Whats going to happen:

Starting Today, we are having a 20% off sale on all merchandise in the store other than Magic Cards. If you have anything stored at the shop, please come by and pick it up as I have to get everything removed by next week.

The plan: I am still planning to re-open. I just have to get the situation under control and rebuild the battle damage from this attempt. Most of you know the situation and I won't go into it here. It will take me a few months to get things back in order to re-open, so be patient and I will be back.

Battlecon will still be taking place in September. Please email me and I will get you registered for the event. Mer_knight79@yahoo.com

Anyway folks, it has been my distinct pleasure to have this store and to know all of you. You are all my friends, my family and I love you all very much. Please don't hesitate to come by to see Bekah and I. We will still be having game nights on Monday and I a starting up several events that will be taking place at my home.

If there are any questions or anything, please give me a call and I will answer them as best I can. The Broadsword site will remain up for another two weeks.

We will miss you all,
Very Respectfully,
Randy

P.S. Please take my number down and call if you need anything.

757-243-7661 (cell) Sad
Broadsword Commissar
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

Back to top Go down

A sad day for us here at Broadsword Empty Re: A sad day for us here at Broadsword

Post  DoktorM Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:21 am

It is a sad day, but you, Bekah, and Billy are and have been great. And the need to regroup is completely understandable. Anything I can do to help, I will do my best to be there for you. I also look forward to a new incarnation of the store down the road. Until then, we'll have to get together and play some BFG and (to think) I was just ready to get back into 40k with my newly finish Necrons. Crap!
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

A sad day for us here at Broadsword Empty Re: A sad day for us here at Broadsword

Post  Callandor Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

*cries and buries his head in Randy soft furry manly chest*
Callandor
Callandor

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

This may sound horrible, but I mean it as a sincere compliment:

I'm going to be saving money now. Why? Because I have no reason to drive up to Orange Park. Nevermind that my parents live there.

I need to waste money and I need to put wear and tear on my car.

Good luck in helping me resume running my car into the ground in the future. Smile
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  Tealzooka Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm

No we will see you soon at the new Broadsword.
Tealzooka
Tealzooka

Back to top Go down

Post  Callandor Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 pm

He is all mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well Bekah gets him first, then i get sloppy secounds....... pig
Callandor
Callandor

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm

After reading this it seems as if a small part of me died inside and now I have to drive even further and deal with crappier people to play any games. This is really shitty, but I understand that it had to be done. Randy it was a good choice to do this, since you always seemed over worked and a bit stressed out with all that was going on. But I am awaiting for the store to be reopened or the new one that you told me about becoming a realaty. Thus is life, you have to take the good with the bad and see what happens as time passes. I wish all the regulars the best of wishes and that everything will work out for the better and see you all when the store returners or possibly at one of the other stores Sad
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:52 am

It's been less than 48 hours and I miss the store as I realize I cannot stop by on the way home from work. Sad Until the grand reopening, we'll have to organize games via the forum. Cool
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:15 am

what happened exactly? I have been gone, as we have been trying to buy a house. We drove by yesterday and i noticed it was closed early on a sunday and i got this unsettling feeling in my gut.....

This sucks... The place i learned to play 40k.... and now i have no where (mainly cause i dont like the way new people are treated at other places)

I hope everything works out.
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah it does stink. M
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:11 am

yeah, i got nowhere else to go and feel comfortable... i really liked most of the people at the shop... Even if i was the weird quiet one, you always made me laugh, and i tried to add my take, but i never once felt unwanted. (except that one time, but it was just one guy who i hardly saw up there anyways.)
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

A sad day for us here at Broadsword Empty Hugs all around.

Post  Broadsword Commissar Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

Remember guys, we will be back. PLans are already in the works and the family will be back together.

And someone catch my ears...they seem to have a mind of their own and grew fingers to post on here.

Lates,
Randy
Broadsword Commissar
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down