Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woohoo! I didn't lose!

+3
tcliftonmd@yahoo.com
Fozy
Dashofpepper
7 posters

Go down

Woohoo!  I didn't lose! Empty Woohoo! I didn't lose!

Post  Dashofpepper Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 pm

I'd just like to announce that I managed to pull a draw against Randy today!

Why is this important, forum-worthy and constitute bragging rights you ask? Well...due to a combination of long experience, a keen intellect, crafty strategies, a shady red die called Sue, and a scatter die with 6 "hits" on it, Randy possesses an unnerving ability to consistently demoralize and annihilate my army lists.

Perhaps I didn't dribble a victory on your head like Frodo crows about but ha! Take that! We tied! =)

*EDIT* Although, you're still wrong about the Deff Rolla. Suspect

I am currently Banned until: 03/01/2009

Dashofpepper

Back to top Go down

Woohoo!  I didn't lose! Empty Re: Woohoo! I didn't lose!

Post  Fozy Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:23 am

What aboot Da Deff ROlla!?
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashofpepper Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Randy doesn't believe that a Deff Rolla may be used against a vehicle, so I didn't get to do some nasty stuff against his Hellhound and a Sentinel.

*shrugs* Until an FAQ comes out, we won't have an agreement on it.

Ramming rule: Ramming is a special kind of tank shock.
Ork Codex: ANY tank shock causes D6 Strength 10 hits on the victim unit.

Seems clear enough to me. =p

Dashofpepper

Back to top Go down

Post  tcliftonmd@yahoo.com Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Dark Eldar are a special kind of eldar, but rules that apply to the craftworlds don't necessarily apply to them. Rules that apply to demons in Codex Daemons don't apply to demons in the chaos space marine codex. Etc, etc.

Also the rules boys are pretty consistently ruling against deff rolla vs. vehicle, as is the Adepticon FAQ council. I understand the arguemant FOR it, I just think the arguements against are stronger.

tcliftonmd@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonprince Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 am

Also, JUSTIN, the 40K rulebook SPECIFICALLY STATES that a TANK SHOCK must end one inch away from any enemy vehicle. Only a RAM ATTACK can go further.

Daemonprince

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashofpepper Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 am

Daemonprince wrote:Also, JUSTIN, the 40K rulebook SPECIFICALLY STATES that a TANK SHOCK must end one inch away from any enemy vehicle. Only a RAM ATTACK can go further.

Yes Nate, and that is why the argument goes circular. Only a RAM ATTACK can go further. What is a Ram attack? A special kind of TANK SHOCK. Deff Rolla says ALL TANK SHOCK attacks (all would include normal and special tank shocks).

Tank shocking a vehicle is resolved differently than tank shocking a vehicle, so there are special rules adjudicating it. But it is still tank shocking.

Shooting at a vehicle is resolved differently than shooting at infantry units, so there are special rules adjudicating it. But it is still shooting.

The rules are pretty durn clear to me, and need a LOT of interpretation to not say what they say. They say: Ramming IS a tank shock.

Dashofpepper

Back to top Go down

Post  mdigibou Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 am

Ian, did you really just Ban justin for that?

I understand what you're trying to do, but that was totally power-tripping. We all know Justin is difficult, but thats ridiculous. He isn't trolling, he's trying to argue his point, and since we all know Nate isn't exactly the rules question goto guy, im assuming hes capitializing to be as such

a Ram is a special kind of TANK SHOCK : Emphasis mine

Its a very common occurance to quote rules and caps words for empahsis to show your point. I Recommend you unban Justin, as well as introducing a "Rules questions" forum subsection, exactly for things as such.

http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101
Here's an example of the requests i've seen for different forum subsections.

mdigibou

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelix Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 pm

mdigibou wrote: We all know Justin is difficult

Frodo (and anyone else who reads this):

If your "defense" of me in any situation starts with,

"We all know Justin is a pain in the ass," or, "We all know Justin is difficult," or something similar....I'd just as soon that you didn't "defend" me.

I'm doing my best to wrap my head around a game with VERY ambiguous rules. I ask for clarification, or I debate, or I discuss the "rules" that don't make sense, or that I've learned counter to. With every game I play, and every Dakka-dakka thread I read, and every FAQ I read, and every time I delve into the rule book to clarify something, I learn something more about Warhammer 40k and have less confusion about how things work. When something doesn't make sense, I question it; and oftentimes ask for a second opinion. If all opinions merge, I generally accept it as gospel and run with it. That thinking is generally why you and Randy and others have told me that you think I'm a pain; because someone will tell me once, and show it to me in the rulebook and two games later, I'm questioning it again.

The 40k rulebook is a LOT to memorize.

So please; if "defending" me, my character, or my actions requires starting your defense with a disclaimer that involves slandering me, I'd prefer to be alone in my defense.

Shelix

Back to top Go down

Post  Tealzooka Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Use the small rule book, it does not have as much fluff in it. lol
Tealzooka
Tealzooka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum