Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle

3 posters

Go down

Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle Empty Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle

Post  Broadsword Commissar Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Okay folks, I wanna see what you can bring to this knock down, drag out, kill'em all quest for destruction.

The Game, 3000 pts per side with 750 pts per player. Compatable factions where able.

We will schedule it for the last weekend of the month and I'll have some nifty prizes for the winning side.

Let me know who is interested.
Broadsword Commissar
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle Empty Re: Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle

Post  DoktorM Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Can we make it Sunday the 26th? bounce And need we limit it to 3000 with 8 people? What if we can get more? Shocked
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes Mega Battle Empty IT SHALL BE SO!!!

Post  Broadsword Commissar Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:03 am

The 26th it is Mitch! And no need for a limit as long as both sides have close to the same number of points.

also, here is how it will work out.

Each side will alternate activating armies. ie; Team-1/Player 1 acts, Team-2/Player 1 acts, Team-1 Player 2 acts, Team-2 Player 2 acts, etc etc

The objective is to kill the caster/warlocj...*long pause for effect*...yes I know there will be multiple casters and warlocks so, the first team who kills enemy casters/warlocks equal to half of the starting number rounded up will be the victors.

okay so there you have it.

Sunday the 26th, we'll START at 1230 cause I have a feelin this is gonna take a while...especially if Billy plays (can you look at that card a couple more times Billy? I don't think it has changed but we need to make sure.)

Lates folks,
Randy
Broadsword Commissar
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Do we pay to play in the Warmahordes event? If so, how much? Question Suspect
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 am

This sounds like a fun plan you came up with while I was out of town. I for one am all for it and Mitch if you want to do some tag team Trolls let me know. I can think of a ton of fun things to do in this and I should have all my epic caster and locks before then as well Twisted Evil
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

skyzanon wrote:This sounds like a fun plan you came up with while I was out of town. I for one am all for it and Mitch if you want to do some tag team Trolls let me know. I can think of a ton of fun things to do in this and I should have all my epic caster and locks before then as well Twisted Evil

I will definitely consider it, because a genuine horde of trolls would be too much fun. I have been pondering a Grim list with mostly heavy beasts.

Although, I have also been itching to throw down Cryx. At this point, most of it depends on my son Nate and whether or not he wants to play (it is his birthday weekend). I am not sure how I would align with Khador, but if he plays it seems that Khador would be closer to the Trolls than to Cryx (not that this is a determining factor) but it is a consideration in Randy' opening announcement. More to the point however, is inspite of the fact that my son is getting quite a bit better at the game, it would be best if I was on his side to keep him on point. Although, it just struck me that I probably have enough trolls and minions to fill out two 750 lists, and if I can talk my son into going with trolls we could have a world of troll blood hurt goin' on. I let you know how things progress.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Gotcha, just go with what your son wants to do and what you want. I have 4 armies that can be played at 750, just depends on what is going on. I have a really intresting 750 Khador list that I have been wanting to try out and it seems to Roy that its more of a cryx army then Khador lol. Lets just say it has a mess of debuffs and spell all over the place haha Twisted Evil
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Could we get a roll call of whose going to throw down in this Megabattle and which faction or possible faction.

I am in (my son has decided not to play) and, I have decided to go with my Trollbloods (rather than Cryx - unless it looks like we just need some pure soul eating fun on the table). So, who's in? Very Happy
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm not sure as of yet what I might be bringing, but if my epic Doomshaper comes in this week then Trolls are a must.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:45 pm

I am pretty convinced that I am going with a Grim "bait-the-line" and comein at you through terrain list. affraid
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 am

It struck me (depending on the number of players) that we may want to consider timed turns. Nothing uber competitive lke Steamroller, but to keep the pace going, e.g. 10 to 12 mins. Does this sound right? confused although, at the present pace, we have only two players. Not really much of a mega battle yet. Shocked And I know of three folks that would normally jump to join in the fun, but they are tied up with other responsibilities this Sunday.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:45 am

We should have a few more and I am not sure, but I don't think there is going to be an entry fee or anything. I need to talk to Randy or Billy about it when I am at the shope on Friday. But I do have a intresting army that I might end up bringing, I just need to sit down and reassamble some of my models that were stripped and a few others that I haven't put together.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down