Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importan League INFO!

4 posters

Go down

Importan League INFO! Empty Importan League INFO!

Post  skyzanon Sat May 02, 2009 2:35 am

Randy let me know tonight that if at least 3 total league games are not played in a month the league will end. I am almost always ready to throw down if you send me a message about how many points you want to play and when. I will get back to you to let you know if I can make the time or not. I would not like to see the league end, but I understand why Randy is doing this, so lets make sure to get this back in gear and hopefully pull in some new players.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Importan League INFO! Empty Re: Importan League INFO!

Post  DoktorM Sat May 02, 2009 10:16 am

I understand his push. A few options:

1) Prizeless league (play for braggin' rights only); thus, no cost to the store.
2) Entry fee (cheap) to play in the league. Helps cover cost to the store and motivates people to play games.
3) Announce Intro Play Events to build playership (and maybe one or two folks with at least two painted 350 point armies could be available to do walk throughs with MangledMetal/ToothClaw once or twice a month).
3a) I know that Ridgeview High School has a gaming club, and they could be invited to come down and introduce the game. Would probably need more than just two people to lead run-throughs.
4) I don't know exactly how it works and whether or not the store would need a full-fledged press-ganger to do this, but join in the Summer Rampage. Maybe joining the international competition to determine the order of the faction book release would motivate.

M
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Sat May 02, 2009 1:14 pm

DoktorM wrote:I understand his push. A few options:

1) Prizeless league (play for braggin' rights only); thus, no cost to the store.
2) Entry fee (cheap) to play in the league. Helps cover cost to the store and motivates people to play games.
3) Announce Intro Play Events to build playership (and maybe one or two folks with at least two painted 350 point armies could be available to do walk throughs with MangledMetal/ToothClaw once or twice a month).
3a) I know that Ridgeview High School has a gaming club, and they could be invited to come down and introduce the game. Would probably need more than just two people to lead run-throughs.
4) I don't know exactly how it works and whether or not the store would need a full-fledged press-ganger to do this, but join in the Summer Rampage. Maybe joining the international competition to determine the order of the faction book release would motivate.

M

Y'know...

Gale Force 9 sells a very nicely done up Ladderboard, and will engrave players' names and armies for 3.00 a piece. On top of that, we could have a silly "Elite General of the Month" little plaque! That could motivate people to come in and challenge folks.

I also think more visible game demos + "painting parties" should be arranged. That tends to drag people into games.

Speaking of demos. I think our illustrious organizer, Skyzanon, should make it a point every Saturday at Broadsword to run Mark II experiment sessions. Get feedback from players and whatnot. He's got plenty of armies to demo with. And I can bring my explody-dwarf army on the weekends I can make it up.
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Sat May 02, 2009 4:14 pm

I like the ladderboard/plaque idea. Although not nearly as savy as skyzanon or feverdream with the rules and all the factions, I'd be willing to help and bring my Cryx and Trollbloods for 350 demos or playtest Mkii, as well as help with a painting party. Just need some decent lead time.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  veritas Sat May 02, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm down for playing in a league.
veritas
veritas

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Sat May 02, 2009 10:13 pm

I went to get an image of the GF9 ladder board and it appears that they might have stopped production. Sad I looked around their www site and couldn't find it. I suppose if someone can find an image of one, I might be able to copy it.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  veritas Mon May 04, 2009 9:23 pm

so, before committing to something i don't fully understand...again...how does Warmachine league play work? Do we just play a set "season" and tally wins and loses at the end, or is there some kind of privateer press codified system by which we go at this?
veritas
veritas

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Thus far, we've just done raw number of wins during a month, but they can be much more complex. (See discussion at Gainesville Gaming Forum over their summer league for how one can nuance the league system. http://forums.gvillegaming.org/index.php?topic=626.0)
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm

Right now the league is a simple thing and there is a topic about it. Pretty much who ever ends the month with the most wins gets a PP product at 1/2 off and $1.50 shipping. Main thing is you can't play the same person to times in a row and you can only play 2 factions, but you can change them out each month. As for me, since I have 4 factions I tend to pick what I feel like playing around with. For this month I will be playing Khador and the earth shamans, the second one mainly to get me to finish putting my peices together. As for the MKII rules, I have only looked at them now and then because they keep changing and I don't always have the time to reread everything. I also put up a topic about demos, pretty much send me a PM and give me a day and time and I'll see what we can work out if I can do it then or not. As for Saturdays, for the most part I have a good deal of things to do and only have a small amount of time before my gaming group gets together. But I can make sometime to run a demo early in the day if someone wants one. Most of my gaming group is rather bitchy about missing sessions and right now I can only squize out one Saturday a month for running the turnaments. There are have been a few times were I actually do get the whole weekend off from my gaming groups, but those don't happen often and I really hate bailing on my groups and then getting yelled at for not making it the next week. But as I said, there are times that I can get in sometime on the weekends to do other things besides go to my gaming groups and for the most part the rest of my week is open. So if anyone wants to throw do some games for practice or the league I am more then happy to show up during the week and play. As of now I think I have well over 1k points for all 4 of my factions, 2 Warmachine and 2 Hordes. Just some of my pieces need to be put together or reassambled at the moment and I might be trading off one of my factions for another, but I the deal is still up in the air.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down