Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament 7/25

3 posters

Go down

Tournament 7/25 Empty Tournament 7/25

Post  skyzanon Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 pm

For this tournament I am going to run it at 500 points using the Steam Roller rules format, I will not be playing in it unless there is a buy and in that chase I will play who ever has it so they don't have to sit out for a round unless they want to. I am going to talk with Randy this week and see if he can get in some of the offical prize support forums. I will be bringing a few extra armies with me so people who either don't have their armies built or don't have enough points to play can play. This is going to be my first offical Press Ganger tournament and I am hoping for a good turn out, I am also going to talk to Randy to see if we can use another form of entrie fee. If that happens it will either be the standard $5 or a purchase of a PP product of at least $5 on the day of the tournament. As of right now I am busy watching dogs until Thursday and I'll try and get everything set up as soon as I can. Lastly I am hoping to get things started by 1pm if there are enough players, other wise we'll wait until we have enough to start.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Tournament 7/25 Empty Re: Tournament 7/25

Post  DoktorM Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:01 am

I am going to do all I can to be there. If I can play at all, I will be there before 1pm.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 am

I'll do my best to show up. Damn. No e-Makeda! Sad
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Not yet, but at the Broadsword Con in August I am going to be running a 750 tournament and by the sounds of what Randy said today there might be 20+ players.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Feverdream Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 am

Man, that tournament was awesome! I can't believe how much I totally annihilated the competition! The Skorne empire rules! And what's weird, is that I totally fielded an uncompetitive list! I wasn't even trying!

Anyway, here's the winning list, in which I get shiny foil cards!

Tyrant Xerxis
Cyclops Shaman
Cyclops Brute

Extoller Soulward
Void Spirit
Cataphract Arcuarii
The Completely Awesome, Owns-all-face Rorsh & Brine
Farrow Bone Grinders
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew

Great game, everyone!
Feverdream
Feverdream

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:14 pm

At 500 points that's hardly an uncompetitive list (some uber synergy going in that list). geek Was there a good turn-out? I really wanted to come, but family responsibilities made it a bad idea.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am

Pretty much what ended up happing was 4 of my friends showed up togather and 2 of them barrowed the khador and troll armies I brought up for extra players. There was only one round due to them having a family emergency and Roy took first with the most VPs. Due to how short it was they were playing for the champion cards for prizes. So Roy will get his redemtion form for Hordes and my friend Mike will get the one for Warmachine, since he ended up with the most VPs out of the 3 total Warmchine players. I just need to remind Randy to order the free forms in so that I can start handing them out and also see about getting faction medals in for the mini con next month. If things go right between both Roy and Mitch gathering people Randy is guessing we might have 20+ people for Warmachine/Hordes 750 tournament for that.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down