Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Tau questions

4 posters

Go down

Two Tau questions Empty Two Tau questions

Post  Shelix Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Tau crisis suits can take target locks; how does it affect who I assault? Here's a couple of scenarios.

Scenario 1: Commander Farsight has a retinue of 1 suit. They fire at different units. Who can/must they assault?

Scenario 2: Commander Farsight has a retinue of 2 suits. He fires at one unit, the other two suits fire at a different unit. Who can/must they assault?

Scenario 3: Commander Farsight has a retinue of 3 suits. Each suit retinue has a target lock. All 4 suits fire at different units. Who can/must they assault?

And second...I read an interesting strategy involving putting Broadside Battlesuits inside Devilfish. Regular crisis suits are jump infantry, and I presume that makes them unable to embark in a transport, but Broadside Battlesuits are regular infantry. Anyone?

Shelix

Back to top Go down

Two Tau questions Empty Re: Two Tau questions

Post  mdigibou Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:57 pm

They must assault their original target, they CAN assault both.

Notice with the target lock, you nominate the unit firing at one target, while each model with a target lock changes the firing pattern.

If all 4 suits have a target lock, you must declare your original target, and MUST assault that one if possible.

In all cases, you MAY assault as many units as possible, but you MUST assault the primary target unit if you DO assault at all.

mdigibou

Back to top Go down

Two Tau questions Empty why?

Post  jainzaar Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:11 am

Have you seen the entry point on the Devilfish? There is no possible way a Broadsides suit could fit. I am not sure why you would want your broadsides flying about in a Devilfish instead of shooting the enemy anyway, but the Devilfish entry in the Tau codex clearly states that no XV equipped models can be transported.

jainzaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelix Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 am

I saw that the other day about no suits inside of a Devilfish.

The question came up because some Tau players over at DakkaDakka were talking about Broadsides fitting into transports because they aren't jump infantry; their only special rule being infantry....which could fit. That sounded....weird, so I figured I'd ask somewhere else (like here). Smile

I don't see the utility of putting broadsides into a transport and shuttling them.....closer to combat somewhere? But it sounded too weird to pass by without trying to get an explanation.

Shelix

Back to top Go down

Post  Tealzooka Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 pm

If you 1pt gets over run, you move to the other side.
Tealzooka
Tealzooka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down