Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning day?

+5
medicpetito
skyzanon
Fozy
DoktorM
arcaspiff
9 posters

Go down

Learning day? Empty Learning day?

Post  arcaspiff Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Was curious as to if the store ever has a day where people new to 40k can come up there and learn how to play. I was up there today, and everyone seemed pretty busy which was cool. I got in some much needed rulebook reading.... which ended up confusing me a lot in many aspects. Someone did actually approach me, and when he saw that all i had read to play with was an HQ and 2 units, he cringed and sighed. I quickly stated that "In the assault on black reach you can play with as little as one unit to learn how to play the game" And he said "Oh yeah..." Then kind of giggled and walked away. I mean, sure i don't have 2000 points, but i have enough to learn the basics and it would have helped me out a lot.

So i was wondering if you guys have a special day where new players can actually come up and learn how to play?

Also Mitch was very awesome! Thanks for the codex, the trukk and the three bikes!

Thanks again!
Hope to be back soon.
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Learning day? Empty Re: Learning day?

Post  DoktorM Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:24 pm

No problem, glad to help. Sorry I didn't have time to for a game and that you felt like you got snubbed. That's bad for the community. Don't give up - we can often be a bit shy. Although I haven't been playing 40k much here lately, if I know that I have time to throw down a quick game I'll let you know and maybe you can take on my Dark Angels.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:00 pm

sounds great!

I mean, i can play my friend, who is really new too, but im the type of person who wants to make sure i am actually playing by the rules, and not rules i think are the right ones. Know what i mean?
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Meh if your ever up Thar when i am i'd be happy to show you anytime =)
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm

when are you usually up there?
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Arcaspiff - Throwing down with Fozy would be better than I, since I don't play 40k as often as he does and he plays Green skins. But, as I said, I'll let you know when I am down for a game.
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:05 am

Usually on the weekends Mid day and or evening heh. Cant be thar weekdays though so meh.
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:54 pm

As long as this is going on, I really need to have some one show me how the hell to play Fantasy. I have read the rule book, but that can only help so much.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:32 pm

im with you. the 40k rule book is a lil confusing... I THINK i know how the shooting and assault work.... but thinking and actually knowing are two different things...

And vehicles... all i have gathered... are bigger than infantry Razz
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 am

LOL i'll teach either of you if you catch me in the store =) real real easy.
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Learning day? Empty hey new guy

Post  medicpetito Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:08 pm

hey i'm in your boat learning the ropes on how to play too. i'm even coming up only once a month on saturdays to play with the guys at broadsword and am slowly building up a 2000 point army. i've got around 1700 pts now and just got a ton of armour(yeah!) when i came up last month the guys treated me like one of their own and i had a great time learning. anytime i'm up on drill weekend i would be down with a game if you want. i usually post on the 40k forum to let the guys know i''m coming up so keep an eye out. if you want to call me to find out when i'm coming up that's cool also. my number is 239-229-7907. look forward to some gaming!

Tony Petito
from fort myers
medicpetito
medicpetito

Back to top Go down

Learning day? Empty Re:

Post  Volens et Potens Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm

I am usually up at the store on Thursdays or fridays about noon till 2pm ... so if thats a good time for you i ll be glad to give you a game of any size =)
Volens et Potens
Volens et Potens

Back to top Go down

Post  Broadsword Commissar Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm

just ask guys. If i'm not uber busy, i'll get a game going...or i'll find someone to play you. And happy to.
Broadsword Commissar
Broadsword Commissar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:35 pm

im sure i just came on a bad day. Usually everyone seems nice, they dont have that "You're a loser Aura" that many other elite gamers have. So i always enjoy coming up there.
I will prolly come up again either friday or saturday.
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Norvin Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 am

arcaspiff wrote:im sure i just came on a bad day. Usually everyone seems nice, they dont have that "You're a loser Aura" that many other elite gamers have. So i always enjoy coming up there.
I will prolly come up again either friday or saturday.
This is one thing I definately noticed when I was in Broadsword. Everyone was so nice & easy going. I actually felt like they wanted people to come to their shop. Now, if I could just get back to Orange Park...
Norvin
Norvin

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:49 pm

I will prolly be up there friday again, around 1ish or so. I might bring my magic cards too just in case.
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 am

=*( fridays i wont be there cause o work. But i should be there Sat. And sunday.

Also i gets ta bring me orks this saturday to dakka Faces off at the tourney Huzzah! GO SHOOTY ORKS!
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:09 pm

what time Fozy? i might decide to come up saturday instead.
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightwolf79 Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Hey patrick just hit me up on a saturday noonish or give me a time u wil be there i will be more than happy to help u with a fantasy games and some of the moves, or if u want to try new tactics i have no problem in playing a game or even a sunday but i do have other games i do play on sundays which i am committed to.. so just hit me up at the store.. we can even play a low points game and i can show u some strengths and weaknesss to use against my army, and some others. But anyway just feel free to ask me to play i usually have my army with me on the weekend up there, and so far no plans for sat yet... so let me know or even if u want to watch a game i thinik we can find others to throw down and give a demo..
Nightwolf79
Nightwolf79

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Arca i'll prob be up there pretty early O_O prob around 12.
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 pm

if i came would you be willing to teach someone completely new? And hopefully be somewhat patient?
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozy Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:43 am

LoL yea man its no prob. O_O apparently i could be there earlier to if that would help any? i know the 40k Tourney is gonna be like at 12:30 so if you come at 11 i could run a small game with ya give ya tips and the like.

=P also i is very patient. i actually finished a whole game with billy! took like 6 hours!
Fozy
Fozy

Back to top Go down

Post  arcaspiff Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:46 am

that'd be awesome! i will try and be there at 11. I know i dont have enough for a "real" game, but i have an HQ, a unit of boyz, i just finished painting a unit of nobz, 2 bikes(3 but one is not painted yet) and 1 deff copta. and a half painted truck.

i look forward to seeing you! and Thanks!
arcaspiff
arcaspiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down