Broadsword Comics and Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3/7 Tourney

2 posters

Go down

3/7 Tourney Empty 3/7 Tourney

Post  DoktorM Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:27 pm

I had a great time at the tournament, and it was great to meet everyone from G'ville. cheers I hope that I can make it down to Vorpal sometime in the near future. I only wished we had been a bit more on schedule so that we could have gotten in three rounds before the time I had to leave. Sad Mitch
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

3/7 Tourney Empty Re: 3/7 Tourney

Post  skyzanon Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Sorry about that, it was my bad first time I was doing everything with the tournament and all. The store clock messed me up on round one and of course you and I were not there untill almost 2pm. But next time things should start rolling around 12:30-1:00 and I will tell Roy to put a post up when Vorpal will be having their next tournament so we all know about it. And so you know Mitch, I came in third, Knewt as Roy told me to call him took second and Dave took first. We also didn't have time to run a third round any ways, which was great for me since I was so beat up and tired by then. All in all though it was a great turn out even though some people had to drop, but that is ok and I think everyone who was there had a great time.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Like I said, I really had a great time and, like usual, I learned a bit more about what worked and what did not for my Trollbloods. I also learned more about some other armies' strengths and weaknesses. Although I may not yet win, I can at least say that I leave good looking corpses. Razz

I actually didn't realize that the store clock was part of the mix up in round one. That thing gets me screwed up all the time. Luckily, it has always been an hour ahead rather than behind, because various powers-that-be would be, needless to say, peeved if I were regularly late coming from a game store. I actually wasn't sure why we ran so late, other than I know I had generally lost any sense of time having fun in round one. I take it that can also be a risk when one is both running a tourney and playing at the same time. My Sad was simply due to the fact that I don't get to play as much as some; so, I had hoped to get three games in before the time I told my wife I would be home (which I based on the originally posted schedule). I am happy to hear that we'll try for an earlier start time in the future. I wasn't actually concerned who won, placed, or showed - I was just wishing that we were able to have more good times lwith three rounds. cyclops
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  skyzanon Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Well Mitch if you are looking to play more games I have some time on Friday and any other week day this week. Just let me know the points to bring and give me a days notice, I will not be able to play on Saturday or Sunday this week though. My friend's birthday is on Saturday and he already threatened to "gut me like a pig" if I bailed on him.
skyzanon
skyzanon

Back to top Go down

Post  DoktorM Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12 am

This week is looking pretty busy. I have a book proposal that I have promised to a publisher this week, and I stuff to do around the house to keep myself happily married. However, next week is my spring break cheers , and I should have a greater than usual availability (if my wife can pick up the kids).
DoktorM
DoktorM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down